It is also known as Assistant Minister Peng Memorial Temple.Peng Gong, formerly called Peng Shao, with his style name Feng Yi, hailed fromPutian in Fujian province. As early as in the Tang Dynasty, the Governmentassigned saline-alkali lands and pastures to salt farmers and compelled them tohand in fixed salt on the basis of issued silver as their cost. In the mid-MingDynasty, saline-alkali lands and pastures were gradually annexed by tyrants. Oppressedand exploited, salt farmers went to the riot due to various crises. the Courtimmediately send Ministry of Penalty Assistant Minister Peng Shao to “quenchthe riot”. However, he painted salt producers’ suffering in eight drawings ofsalt fields, mountain fields, salt marsh, pouring boiling salt brine, boilingsalt, levying taxes on salt, salt sales and making up for salt production costlosses, each drawing going with a poem. It vividly reflects the suffering ofthe salt producers and “salt evils” in officialdom at that time. Then he wentagainst all odds, rectified the salt business, got rid of former defaults,expelled salt bullies, and replaced salt officials. He was revered as localsalt producers’ great benefactor.
In 1553, the year of thereign of Emperor Jiajing of the Ming Dynasty, approved by the Emperor, “PengHuian Memorial Temple “was built in Minghe.